Are you an adventurous person and planning on going to see the highest mountain in the world? Join a comprehensive and complete journey to Everest Basecamp, now!
Here are some pieces of information that every adventurous should know it before your venture to Everest Base Camp as well as the best time of the year, and things to bring with you for the trek
Everest base camp trek is one of the most iconic treks of all the mountain on earth embraces the most adventurous journey in the Himalayan region which offers an ample range of wonderful mountains view of Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Island peak and other captivating surrounded snowy peak as well as a magnificent Khumbu glacier/ ice fall, Khumbu glacier is the deepest glacier in the world.
Hiking in the Everest region is the most thrilling activity part of Nepal which is one of the most strikingly beautiful hiking areas; where you will be walking through the land of the Sherpa people crossing the few Alpine villages along the way and its beautiful landscape.
Eventually, a journey to Everest Base Camp could be strictly unforgettable and life-changing experiences of a lifetime on your travel while gaining the experiences of the enormous variety of Himalayan Mountains and landscapes starting from low land of terrace field, subtropical tropical forest, and green valley to the highland of the deepest glacier in the world.
The Everest base camp trek is well known a world’s no 1 trekking destinations because of the natural beauty and cultural richness at the foot of the greatest mountain on earth, EVEREST.
Highlights of the trek
Scenic mountain flight to/from Lukla
- Everest Base Camp at the foot of the deepest icefall (Khumbu Ice Fall)
- Enjoy the iconic mountain peaks of the world's highest Himalayan range; Everest, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and Lhotse
- Visit a Tengbuche monastery the Highest Monastery of the Everest region.
- Hike to Kala Pattar for a glorious sunrise view over the Everest and other mountain ranges
Overview of the EBC trek
Trip difficulty: Moderate to strenuous
Duration: 10-14 Days including the few acclimatization days
The distance of the whole Route: 65 km from the starting point to the ending point
Max Altitude: 5364m / 17,600ft
Food and hotel facilities during the trek: Yes
Best time of the year for EBC Trek
Nepal has 4 different seasons but the main season for the trekking in Nepal Himalayas is from October to mid-November and Secondly, March to mid-May, usually during the season the daytime temperatures are comfortable for walking with not very cold and not very hot, and most of the time sky is clear, the rainfall and snowfall are occasional occurrences. During the day the temperatures go approximately above 12- 22 degrees C and at the night time will be colder with temperatures dropping as low as to – 10- 18degrees C at the highest altitude areas of Everest.
Pieces of equipment trekking lists
- Warm hats and scarf
- Polypropylene shirts
- Light thermal
- Waterproof/windproof jackets and pants
- Lightweight poly-liner gloves.
- Warm wool or fleece gloves
- Hand washing gel
- Hiking shorts
- Hiking trousers/ paints
- 1 pair of fleece or woolen trousers
- 1 pair of waterproof shell pants, breathable fabric
- inner socks
- warm socks
- Waterproof hiking boots
- 1 pair of trainers or running shoes and/or sandals
- Money wallets
- Cell phone
- Digital Camera
- Sleeping bag (fabric)
- Fleece sleeping bag liner (optional)
Rucksack and Travel Bags
- 1 medium rucksack 40-70 liters/3000
- A small daypack/backpack for carrying your valuables should have good shoulder padding
First Aid and Medical
- Small, personal first-aid kit.
- Anti-headache pills
- A cough and/or cold medicine
- Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetazolamide
- Water purification tablets or the water filter
- 1 set of earplugs
- 1 medium-sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Female hygiene products
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial handwash
Come and enjoy the beauty of nature and culture with Alpine Ramble Treks, we warmly welcome you for trekking/tour in Nepal and we also commit you to provide the excellent services in the best deals, send us YOUR ENQUIRY