Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a popular trek In Nepal in terms of diverse culture and nature. This trek can be done in a minimum of 6 -12 days. However, an 8-day ABC trek is a suitable itinerary who have limited time for this trekking that does not allows combining the Poon Hill and ABC trek for 12 days itinerary. The six-day ABC trek itinerary is the shortest one that goes straight and comes back the same trail, but it is still doable and a perfect itinerary for those travelers who have a limited time but are keen on this hike.
About Phenomenal Annapurna Base Camp Trip - 8 days
The 8-day ABC hike starts from hustle and bustle capital city of Kathmandu. The sort day of traveling from Kathmandu to Pokhara is by tourist bus unless you opt for a short flight option. Traveling by flight is a perfect option to save time, it only takes 30 minutes. For travelers who wish to explore the beauty of the scenery and see a few local villages in the lowlands then a bus is recommended, this is already included and part of the program.
Our second day of our ABC commences in Pokhara after breakfast, the guide and porter will greet you and take you on a short scenic drive to Nayapul, and this is the official starting point of the trip to ABC. The trek from Nayapul to Ghandruk is easy and short, walking through the full valley of terraced, rice, and millet farming fields.
On this day, you will be immersed in the view of the magnificent Mt. Annapurna South, Fishtail (Machhapuchare), Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, and so on from the moment, you arrived at the Ghandruk. Some views are as seem already from the lower Ghandruk. In the evening, walking around the village to visit the Gurung Museum, and Monastery to learn some insist local culture and tradition would be the major highlights of the second day of the trip to end up at the local lodge in Ghandruk, enjoy the authentic local hot cup of local herbal tea and dinner with your fellows and disclose for sleeping at the comfortable bed at night.
On our third day, we enjoy breakfast with the blessings views and start the five-hour-long trek to Chhomrong, which is the second largest Gurung-inhabited village in this region. This place is even better than Ghandruk to see more close-up views of the Himalayas like Annapurna south and fishtail. Getting to this place is relatively challenging on the first-day hike as the trail basically established-ups up and down stairs most of the trail in this route.
Wake up with the beautiful sunrise view over this magnificent mountain and start another exciting five-six hours long hiking towards the Himalayas, this is the only place where we stay overnight without no views. However, this 8-day trekking itinerary of the ABC trek is highly flexible. We would be very happy to take you a little further to Deurali if your mindset is being prepared to go a little further for a better view in the evening with your dinner for the night.
The last day of our ascending finally takes our foot to the Annapurna base camp located at an altitude of 4130m/ 1410 ft above sea level. Our dream now has come true. Being in this place itself is an amazing and remarkable experience enjoy the moment and be thankful to our support team and fellow. Celebrating a sense of our accomplishment we finally head down to the lower valley walking through the lush forests and crossing the local settlements of the Gurung indigenous people.
The next morning or before we come downhill, we will be enjoying fabulous panoramic views of the Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Gnagapurna, Fishtail, Annapurna south, and so on. The sunrise view over the top of these majestic Himalayan ranges is another highlight of the trek itself, collecting all these beautiful experiences of the journey we start descending and walking down hills by following the same trail as we passed through but yet another chance and opportunity to immerse the same tranquil beauty of this lower valley of the Annapurna region.
During our 8-day ABC trek, we will be walking through some of the most spectacular villages in the Himalayas. Coming back to lower valley is having different trekking experiences, having an excursion walk through the low land through the terraced field, enjoying the local lifestyle of the people, we also accommodate one night at Jhinu dada the place is popular in the beauty of culture aspect and natural hot spring where we dip ourselves into the steaming natural hot spring to get ourselves refreshment.
Spectacular Annapurna Base Camp Hike- 8 days Highlights
- Meet and greets by your ART local guides and crew at the airport upon arrival
- We take you on a beautiful traveling trip to Pokhara by tourist bus and vice versa.
- We will walk through the most beautiful part of the Himalayas learning about the awesome Gurung and Magar culture, and local lifestyle through these villages of this area.
- Enjoy the time in the beautiful city of Pokhara before and after the trek and the hot spring at Jinudada
- Ghandruk- Gurung Museum and monitories, experience the local culture & lifestyle
- Annapurna Base camp (ABC), itself is the base camp of the 10th highest peak in the world located at an altitude of 4130 m
- Mesmerizing views of mountains, glaciers, and sunrise almost every day over the majestic Himalayas ranges,
- Marvelous panoramic view of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Machapuchare (Fishtail), Mt. Nilgiri, Mt.Hiuchuli, & more peaks.
- We cross a few traditional suspension bridges with the wheeled prayer flags as blessings in the traditional way.
Additional Benefits of this trek with Alpine Ramble
- Free guided Kathamndu valley sightseeing tour (Swoyembu, Boudhanath, and Pasupatinath temple).
- Free transfers to and from Tribhuvan International Airport upon arrival and departure by private vehicle by the friendly crew.
- Medical kits including Diamox for high altitude sickness prevention.
- Highly Flexible date and itinerary of this trekking program with no associated fee.
- Complimentary use of any necessary trekking equipment, such as sleeping bags, down jackets, duffle bags, walkie-talkies, and an oximeter to monitor your oxygen and pulse. Free rental provision.
- The free access to store the bags/suitcases either in KTM or PKR
- One highly experienced and friendly ART local guide and one free porter ( One porter for two trekkers)
- Fun souvenirs of your Himalayan adventure: a trekking route map, a t-shirt emblazoned with the Alpine Ramble Treks logo, and a hat!
- Emergency rescue by helicopter in the worst-case scenario consulting with your respective travel insurance.