“Step into a region of Nepal where mountains pierce the clouds, blankets of fog drift across the slopes of forested valleys, and ancient monasteries keep watch from lonely hilltops. This is the Annapurna Base Camp Trip, and it’s one of the best hikes in the entire country.”
Comfort ABC Hike Highlights
- Feast your eyes on unbelievable views of the Annapurnas, Dhaulagiri, Machapuchare, and other Himalayan peaks
- Stay in local mountainside villages to immerse yourself in Gurung and Magar culture
- Visit ancient Tibetan Buddhist monasteries set amongst impossibly scenic mountain terrain
- Spot free-roaming wildlife in the natural alpine wilderness of the Annapurna Conservation Area
- Reach not one, but two base camps: Machapuchare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp
About ABC Hike -12 Days Overview
The Annapurna Base Camp Hike is also known as the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek. This is because the south-facing base camp is situated within the Annapurna Sanctuary itself: a vast, bowl-shaped amphitheater of some of the very highest Himalayan mountains. But make no mistake: this is a world-class trekking adventure, no matter what you choose to call it. The Annapurnas are part of the western Himalayas, and your adventure in this region of Nepal will bring you through a stunning diversity of ecosystems and landscapes. From the lowlands of Pokhara, we’ll ascend through subtropical forests of bamboo and rhododendron to climb above the tree line, where you’ll be met with a stark topography characterized by rock, wind, and sky. This is your chance to experience a paradise of unspoiled nature that’s unlike anything else on the planet.
Discover the Local culture and traditions of the Himalayas
But the ABC Trek is about much more than scenery—it’s about people. The Himalayan kingdoms of Nepal are world-renowned for their unfaltering hospitality and rich customs. From the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu to the adrenaline lover's paradise of Pokhara, you’ll get to explore two of Nepal’s most colorful and fascinating cities. And as we ascend higher into the mountains, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to meet villagers of Magar, Gurung, and Tamang ethnicities. You’ll learn about both Hindu and Buddhist religious traditions as we visit the shrines and monasteries that have stood for ages in the shadow of the Himalayas. Each night, you’ll settle into accommodations at a local teahouse or trekking lodge, where you’ll enjoy a home-cooked meal and the rare opportunity to chat with your host about life in the mountains.
Is it Safe to do a 12-Day Annapurna trek itinerary?
Because the Annapurna Base Camp Trek reaches a maximum altitude of just 4,130 meters, it’s more accessible than some of Nepal’s other best-known hikes, like the Everest Base Camp Trek. This makes it perfect for travelers who want to see the spectacular scenery of the Himalayas with less risk of contracting altitude sickness. In fact, Alpine Ramble Treks has developed this 12-day ABC program itinerary with travelers of all ages and abilities in mind. We’ll hike at your pace, and your guide will ensure your comfort with every step along the trail. We can also customize this itinerary to suit your own travel needs and preferences. When you’re ready to plan for your own Annapurna Base Camp hiking, get in touch with us via WhatsApp at +977 9851175531.
Best Time for ABC Hike- 12 Days in Nepal
Trekking Seasons in Nepal are largely dictated by the summer monsoon, and our trekking to ABC is no exception. The monsoon typically lasts from June to August, and most visitors consequently choose to hike during the spring months of February to May or the autumn months of September to November. These are the best times of year to enjoy the perfect combination of comfortable temperatures and clear mountain views. But you can hike in the Annapurnas at any time of year, and the snow-laden trails of winter are just as mysterious and evocative as the mist-shrouded hillsides of summer. Whenever you choose to travel, rest assured that Alpine Ramble Treks will put together a trekking adventure that will surpass even your highest expectations.
ABC TRIP Difficulty & COMFORT
Our ABC Trek is one of the most accessible hikes in the Himalayas. Most travelers in good health and reasonable physical fitness will be able to complete this itinerary without issue, and no previous trekking experience is required. However, this trek does reach altitudes higher than 4,000 meters, and it’s important to drink lots of water and get plenty of rest in order to let your body adjust naturally to the increased elevation. As always, your guide will look after your progress and ensure that you enjoy a safe and rewarding trek to Annapurna Base Camp.
If this itinerary isn’t quite right for you, Alpine Ramble Treks is also proud to offer a host of alternate treks in this region. If you’re on a tighter schedule, consider our ABC Trek – 8 Days itinerary or Annapurna Circuit Trek – 10 Days itinerary. And if you really want to test your hiking mettle at even higher elevations, check out our Everest Base Camp Trek – 8 Days package.
Additional Benefits of ABC trek with Alpine Ramble
- Free guided Kathamndu valley sightseeing tour (Swoyembu, Boudhanath, and Pasupatinath temple)
- Free transfers to and from Tribhuvan International Airport upon arrival and departure by private vehicle by the friendly crew.
- Complimentary use of any necessary trekking equipment, such as sleeping bags, down jackets, duffle bags, walkie-talkies, and an oximeter to monitor your oxygen and pulse.
- Trek with a highly experienced local trained guide to learn much about the places.
- The free access to store the bags/suitcases either in KTM or PKR
- Fun souvenirs of your Himalayan adventure: a trekking route map, a t-shirt emblazoned with the Alpine Ramble Treks logo, and a hat!
- 10% OF ALL PROCEEDS GOES TO SUPPORT OUR SOCIAL IMPACTS INITIATIVE