Everest Base Camp Trek Brief
Embark on a legendary Everest base camp, the world’s highest peak, attractive forests, Vibrant Sherpa villages, glacial moraines, ancients’ monasteries, and foothills, a beautiful combination to the journey of a lifetime.
Trek to Everest Base Camp Trek is logically on most hikers’ bucket list to do at least once in a lifetime. This marvelous hike takes you to an altitude of 5364 meters as it combines the Kalapather (5545 m), the highest point of the trek.
The Everest Base Camp Trek Ten Day itinerary is suitable for all of us who are physically fit and ready to walk 4-5 hours each day at a slow and steady pace.
Trekking to Everest base camp for 10 days does not require any advanced training or hiking experience. Although this trek is comparatively a bit more challenging than Annapurna base camp and Langtang Valley Trek.
Everest Base Camp Trek Highlights
- Embark on an exciting flight to Lukla from Kathmandu with the most beautiful views of the scenery
- Stand at the Kalapathar with an elevation of 5545 meters above sea level
- Magnificent panoramic mountain view of Everest, Lhotse, Ama-Dablam, and so on.
- Explore the unique lifestyle and traditions of the Sherpa people.
- A walk through the most fascinating villages, lush forest, terraced field, and pastures
- Cross a few high alpine suspension bridges,
- Stay at least 2-day at Namche Bazaar to acclimatize and visit the museums and ART gallery
- Visit authentic Sherpa villages and Monasteries of a long century
- Witness the Khumbu glacier, the deepest glacier in the world
- Walk to the foothills of the world’s highest mountain Everest at 5364 meters
- Hike into the Sagarmatha National Park with its unique flora and fauna
- Walk on the footprints of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa to conquer this Mountain
- Visit beautiful and ancient Tengboche monastery as it is known to be the biggest and Spiritual connection Centre of the entire Kumbhu Valley
- Enjoy the magnificent close-up views of the Himalayas including the world’s tallest peak Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, and many other surrounding peaks from the top of Kala Patthar
Everest Base camp trek is perhaps the best trek in Nepal. Thousands of trekkers visit this route every year. A classic EBC trek has dramatically become one of the most exciting and trending destinations for hiking on earth now.
On our 10- Day Everest base camp trek, the acclimatization days are excluded but they could be added to the itinerary based on trekkers' interest and timeframe.
During the trek, you will be amazed by the most rewarding towering views right from our heads, the wheeled flapping prayer flags in the wind, waving to the friendly local people as well as Khumbu glacier dominated by Mount Everest.
Also sometimes the white cloud dots in the crystal clear blue skies make for a miracle, the trek in the Everest region is extraordinary as it takes us through the diverse landscape, Sherpa villages, across Suspension bridges into the Sagarmatha national park of Khumbu region.
Travelers are yet to be surprised by the beautiful mountain settlement of the Sherpa villages of Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Dingboche, and many more along the way.
Trekking in the Everest region gives you the opportunity and fortune of following the footsteps of the legendary Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary who have successfully conquered the summit of Mt. Everest in 1953 A.D.
The starting point of Everest Base camp trek
The Everest base camp trek begins from Lukla with a scenic mountain flight from the capital city Kathmandu. From Lukla, we start trekking through the beautiful valley of Dudh Kosi River entering the typical local villages of Sherpa people to the Base camp, it takes at least six days to reach the base camp.
During the ascend on this magical trail, you will have to stay overnights at the local villages called Phakding, Namche, Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, and Gorakshep, this is the last place to find the teahouse to spend overnight. From here, we hike to EBC and Kalapathar before returning back to the Lukla. Coming down takes only three days to arrive in Lukla where the trek ends.
On our final day, we take a flight back to Kathmandu on the tranquil air route of the mountain from Lukla to Kathmandu.
The best time to do the Everest base camp trek
About the best time to consider for the Everest Base Camp Trek is in the spring and autumn, these two seasons include the months of March, April, May, and September, October, and November. It's undoubtedly the perfect time of the year for trekking and mountaineering in the Nepal Himalayas.
Usually, the weather and temperatures are stable during those seasons. Easy and comfortable for trekking and more pleasant to be on the mountainside with the moderate temperatures.
The sky is clear and offers crystal clear views of its scenery every day. Travelers with a little more timeframe may opt for our comfortable Everest Base Camp Trek including acclimatization to explore more about this mighty mountain and its landscape.
Join us for this epic trip today, the Everest Base Camp trek will surely be an adventure trekking of a lifetime, introducing you to the mesmerizing mountains, the unique local culture of locals, untouched beauty of Himalayas, magnificent flora, and Fauna.
Benefits with ART
- Free transfers to and from both domestic and International airports upon arrival and departure dates.
- Free complimentary use of any necessary trekking gear, such as sleeping bags, down jackets, walkie-talkies, and an oximeter to monitor your oxygen and pulse during the trek.
- Souvenirs of your Himalayan adventure: a route map, and an Alpine Ramble's t-shirt!
- All the essential trekking permits, transportations, accommodations, and round-trip domestic flight tickets
- All the meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) provided while staying at tea houses along the EBC trek
- A best local friendly English speaking private guide