Langtang Trek Higlights
- Explore Kathmandu, the enchanting “city of temples,” on our guided tour of several fascinating UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Ascend from subtropical jungle to alpine rhododendron forest as you ramble through the wilderness of the incomparable Langtang Valley.
- Get acquainted with the culture and religious customs of Tamang, Newari, and Sherpa villages as we pass through bucolic mountain communities and traditional terraced farms.
- Reach the stunning lookout point at Kyanjin Gompa, where you’ll capture a fantastic panoramic view of the entire Langtang and Ganesh Himal mountain ranges.
- Try a bite of yak cheese at the well-known cheese factory in Langtang village!
Hiking towards Langtang Valley's ample facts: When international visitors travel to Nepal to trek in the spectacular wilds of the Himalayas, they often look to overlook the Langtang Valley, heading first to the world-famous Khumbu region and the mighty Mount Everest.
Hikers searching for a more accessible adventure might also consider the equally stunning trek to Annapurna Base Camp.
But did you know that there is another region nestled between these two popular trekking routes?
Welcome to the Langtang Valley: a world of soaring peaks, mysterious forests, bucolic mountain villages, and breathtaking vistas everywhere you look.
Best of all, the Langtang Valley lies just a few miles north of Kathmandu itself. This makes it one of the very best choices in all of Nepal for visitors who want to undertake an authentic Himalayan trek in a reasonable amount of time.
The Langtang Valley Trekking itinerary by Alpine Ramble Treks has been developed to showcase the very best of this uncommonly beautiful region, including the high-altitude peaks of the Langtang Himal range.
Our Langtang trekking package will also introduce you to the wild landscapes of Langtang National Park, where you may be able to spot elusive wildlife like the musk deer, Himalayan tahr, or red panda moving amongst the dense woodland foliage.
Especially keen-eyed hikers may even discover evidence of the exceptionally rare snow leopard as we move from the tropical lowlands to the alpine heights of the Langtang Valley.
During this ascent, you’ll also encounter Nepali people from three distinct ethnic groups: the Tamang, Newari, and Sherpa. These friendly village folk will proudly introduce you to their culture, which is profoundly influenced by the Tibetan Buddhism that flourishes here amongst the Himalayas.
The trekking towards Langtang Valley is still something of an undiscovered gem when compared with its more popular counterparts. This means that the enchanting scenery, picturesque communities, and winding trails decorated with Buddhist prayer flags and Chortens won’t be crowded with other travelers even during the peak trekking season.
This lends a decidedly intrepid vibe to the Langtang Valley Nepal, making it the perfect choice for travelers who want to escape the crowds and engage with the Himalayan wilderness on their own terms.
Of course, you can always count on your experienced guide from Alpine Ramble Treks to show you the way and to lend a helping hand when the going gets rough. We’ve operated safe and exciting trekking tours in the Himalayas for many years—and we hope we’ll have the pleasure of hosting you as our next client.
In addition to its captivating natural scenery and friendly locals, one of the best qualities of the Langtang Valley is its accessibility from Kathmandu.
Our ten-day Langtang Valley hike itinerary kicks off with a scenic drive from the capital city to the trailhead at Syabrubesi, skipping costly commercial flights and overnight transfers.
Each day of our hiking in the Langtang Valley brings you through charming villages, terraced fields of cultivation, and lush woodlands of pine and bamboo. We’ll even climb to almost 5,000 meters in altitude to enjoy spectacular mountain views from the Buddhist community of Kyanjin Gompa.
However, this trek is a moderately difficult physical challenge, and it’s possible to experience acute mountain sickness, or AMS, on this itinerary. It’s important to prepare for your trek with regular cardiovascular exercise, such as running or walking.
Your guide from Alpine Ramble Treks has plenty of experience in these mountains and will be there to ensure that you don’t overexert yourself on this ten-day itinerary. If you remember to hike at your own pace and heed your guide’s advice, you’re sure to have an unforgettable adventure here in Nepal’s Langtang Valley.
If you would like to enjoy the cultural wonders and alpine beauty of the Langtang Valley on a shorter itinerary, we also offer a Langtang Trek – 6 Days package.
What to Expect at 10 days with ART?
- Free transfers to and from Tribhuvan International Airport upon arrival and departure.
- Complimentary use of any necessary trekking equipment, such as sleeping bags, down jackets, duffle bags, walkie-talkies, trekking poles, and an oximeter to monitor your oxygen and pulse.
- Fun souvenirs of your Himalayan adventure: a trekking route map, a t-shirt emblazoned with the Alpine Ramble Treks logo, and a stick.