If you are Looking for hiring a local Sherpa guide or strong porters from Lukla for your trekking to Everest base camp or any other treks in the Khumbu region then you have come to the right place. This is the right platform where travelers can get professional trekking and mountaineering guides and porters for trekking and mountaineering in the Everest region. Usually, the travelers or trekkers chose this platform to hire the locals for their trip if they were not joined a trip with the local tour companies.
Hiring a local guide or porter from Lukla gives great benefits for the trekkers that way you can get the real regional expertise who born in the same region and grow up there, so having a trip with him or her travelers can learn the history of the people and culture in the depth.
The factual benefits of hiring local guides from Lukla
- Save the funds for the guides and porter from and to Kathamndu which costs USD 100 for the guide by airplane
- Experience the local lifestyle and learn the local language
- Get involved directly with his family and with your guides
- Help the local community directly
- Travel in Safety and Comfort with the experienced guides and porters
- Explore the beauty of nature and culture in depth.
- Fair Salary and Benefits for Guides
- Learn the local community, the way of living, and the traditions of the locals.
- Gain Local Expertise
- Support the Local Economy
Why Do I Need to hire a local guide for the Everest Base Camp trek?
Hiring a local guide for the Everest trek or any other treks in Nepal Himalayas is advantageous for a few reasons.
Guided Travel in Nepal
Trekking in Nepal with Guides is responsible for your safety and fun while traveling in the mountains or any corner of the world whether you’re trekking in the mountains or doing any adventure activities. you can trek freely and enjoyed what you are on without worrying about anything and have a good chance to focus on things that you are doing by the time. Most importantly, safety matters for both social and cultural benefits, However, hiring a guide, there are many reasons rather than a trek on your own in Nepal especially at the higher altitude areas in the Himalayas. If you are thinking of taking a local guide or porter then you might have thought about the prices from Lukla-based as well. Alpine Ramble provides the trekking and mountaineering guides from Lukla and our guides are fully trained and qualified by the government of Nepal. See the prices range of guides and porter as given below,
- A fully experienced and certified guide with decades of experience fee is USD 28 per day that includes foods, equipment, accommodations, and travel insurance for the guide
- An average certified trekking guide fee is only $25 per day that includes foods, equipment, accommodations, and travel insurance for the guide
- Porter-cum guide who can help your small pack to carry on a trek- USD 24 per day that includes foods, equipment, accommodations, and travel insurance for the guide
- A strong local Porter fee is USD 20 per day that includes foods, equipment, accommodations, and travel insurance for the guide
Trekking permits costs
- Everest national park permit fee - USD 30 Per person
- Community Fee/ TIMS Card fee- USD 20
Domestic flight cost to Lukla
- Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla - USD 179 per person
- and Fukla to Kathmandu- USD 179 per person