Dhampus Peak (6012m) is situated northeast of the gigantic Dhaulagiri massif. The peak is easy to climb and does not require any technical climbing skills. Dhampus Peak is also known as 'Thapa Peak'.
Dhanush Peak Climb Highlights
- Scenic mountain flight from Jomsom to Pokhara
- Easy expedition to climb.
- Great views of western Nepal Himalayas including Annapurna and Dhaulagiri.
- Summit of 6,012m/ 19,724 ft.
- Explore the beautiful local settlements and lifestyle of rural local people
Climbing Dhampus Peak which stands at an altitude of 6012m is a remarkable experience. It is one of the most popular but normal climbing peaks in Nepal that is also known as Thapa Peak.
Thapa peak lies in the middle of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayan range; the peak is precisely uncomplicated and offers a magnificent insight into the entire upper Kali Gandaki valley.
From the summit, we have an inspiring view of its spectacular mountains including Annapurna, Dhaulagiri with the nearby view of Tukuche and Dhaulagiri and many more peaks.
Dhampus Peak Climbing with Alpine Ramble Treks begins following a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara and it can be submitted either by short course by means of Jomsom or by following the whole Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek.
Following the tranquil trail through the most fascinating villages, cross a few conventional towns, dense forests of rhododendron, and the astounding towering views of Himalayas until the point that scope to Dhampus Peak Base Camp is truly a blissful moment of the trip.
During the trek to Dhampush base camp, a few extra days are included for the acclimatization and preparation for the final approach to summit the peak.
From Dhampush peak base camp, the trail on a snow-cleared incline to a high camp located at 5600 m height takes slow and steady climbing with the climbing guides to the top of the Dhampus Peak. It is a priceless moment to be on the top of this glorious peak with the most rewarding views of its breathtaking landscape.
Thinking of doing the Dhampush at the right time to make this trip successful? Plan on the months of March, April, and May and secondly September, October, and December, there are the best times to be in this climbing potion to Nepal without any doubt. On the clear day of the climbing, about thirty different peaks can be witnessed from the top of the peak, making it a unique vantage spot to take up mountain vistas.
We have designed a unique itinerary that suits both experienced and beginners who wish to climb this peak in Nepal. A few other agencies offer a short version of the Dhampus peak climbing itinerary excluding the acclimatization. Join us for this epic adventure climbing at least once in a lifetime.
Climbers with limited timeframe may opt for our following climbing offers
- Free domestic and international airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
- Complimentary use of any necessary trekking equipment, such as sleeping bags, down jackets, duffle bags, walkie-talkies, trekking poles, and an oximeter to monitor your oxygen and pulse.
- Fun souvenirs of your Himalayan adventure: a trekking route map, a t-shirt emblazoned with the Alpine Ramble Treks logo, and a hat!