“Venture into the frozen heart of the Himalayas to discover the alpine region known as the Khumbu. Here we’ll savor a heady mix of vibrant culture and spectacular scenery, where hardy mountaineers and gregarious locals move freely amongst the highest mountains on the planet. Join Alpine Ramble Treks on an unforgettable adventure to Everest Base Camp.”
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Trek Highlights
- Enjoy a warm reception from your hosts at Alpine Ramble Treks when you arrive in Kathmandu.
- Take in stunning mountain vistas from an aerial perspective as you pass over the Himalayas on two dramatic flights between Kathmandu and Lukla.
- Visit the exciting mountain town of Namche Bazaar and check out its Sherpa Museum, where you’ll learn about the rich traditions of this timeless culture.
- Earn gobsmacking views of towering snowcapped peaks, such as Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, and the unmatched Mount Everest.
- Ascend to higher than 5,500 meters in altitude to reach the magnificent viewpoint of Kala Patthar, where you’ll be rewarded with the best alpine panorama in all of Nepal.
- Stand at the foot of the world’s tallest mountain when you accomplish the realization of every trekker’s dream: arriving at Everest Base Camp.
- Enjoy the ultimate mountain flight during a thrilling helicopter ride between Namche and Everest Base Camp.
Nepal’s Everest Base Camp Trek is widely recognized as something of a holy grail for any serious hiker, and for good reason. Nowhere else on the planet can you walk amongst bustling Buddhist monasteries and charming mountainside villages, traversing narrow yak paths and untamed trails to ultimately reach the world’s tallest mountain.
It’s possible to spend longer than two full weeks exploring the length and breadth of the Khumbu on foot, and each moment spent in the rarefied air of the Himalayas is its own reward. But it’s also possible to reach Everest Base Camp in just a few days—and you don’t need to be a world-class athlete, either.
At Alpine Ramble Treks, we’ve developed our five-day itinerary to represent an accessible version of this famous hike that’s appropriate for trekkers of all ages. As with each of our travel packages, we’ve striven to offer the perfect combination of value, luxury, and compelling adventure.
Our five-day Everest Base Camp Trek has also been called the Everest Luxury Trek, and it’s easy to see why. One of the best highlights of hiking in the Khumbu can be glimpsed in the form of your nightly accommodations.
You’ll be booked into cozy teahouses and well-appointed lodges where you can enjoy a home-cooked meal and a warm bed after each strenuous day on the trail. These are simple, lovely accommodations, and Alpine Ramble Treks has carefully chosen each teahouse along your route to ensure you receive only the best in cleanliness and comfort.
This authentic Nepali hospitality can be seen in each village along the path to Everest Base Camp. You’ll get a firsthand look at rural life in the Himalayas, and the friendly mountain villagers you meet will be eager to share their experiences and culture with you.
Every visitor to the Khumbu walks away with a fuller understanding of Sherpa culture and the rich religious heritage which informs its traditions.
Of course, what would the Everest trip be without mountains? You’ll see them here in spades, from the iconic two peaks of Ama Dablam to the rapturously beautiful monoliths of Lhotse and Nuptse.
Many hikers happily concede that these mountains are even more impressive than Everest itself—but you’ll have to decide that for yourself. And as you approach the world’s tallest mountain, you’ll also get to feast your eyes on a staggering variety of additional scenery: steeply terraced fields, verdant forests hanging with moss, rhododendron flowers, and rocky paths decorated only by strings of prayer flags whipping in the wind.
The Everest Base Camp Trek is an adventurer’s dream come true. It brings people from every walk of life to the tiny airport at Lukla and leads them to the foot of Everest itself—and back again. We’d love for you to join us on the finest hike in all of Nepal. If you’re ready to get started, contact us today by email or WhatsApp at +977 9851175531.
Best Time to do the
Weather in the Himalayas is variable, and the best trekking seasons are usually determined by the arrival of the summer monsoon. In order to avoid the wettest conditions, many hikers travel during the spring, which occurs from February to March. This is the time of year when wildflowers are in bloom and temperatures are at their most comfortable.
Other trekkers might prefer to undertake the Everest Base camp hiking during the autumn season, between September and November. This is perhaps the best time of year for crisp days and clear mountain views. Of course, winter treks are also possible; while temperatures can be cold and trails can be packed with snow, there is an undeniable appeal to enjoying the EBC without a crowd.
We typically recommend against hiking the Everest trek during summer. If your schedule only allows you to visit Nepal during the summer, Alpine Ramble Treks will be happy to arrange a proper Himalayan adventure on one of our many alternate routes.
Please note: On rare occasions, domestic flights between Kathmandu and Lukla may be delayed or canceled due to weather conditions. Your helicopter flights between Syangboche, Everest Base Camp, and Lukla are also dependent upon weather conditions.
Changes can arise during any time of the year, and you can rest assured that Alpine Ramble Treks will work with you to make any possible alternative arrangements to minimize the interruption to your holiday.
Everest Base Camp Trekking Difficulty
While prior trekking experience is not a prerequisite for our EBC trip package, this is a moderately difficult hiking trail with a maximum elevation of more than 5,500 meters.
You’ll be walking for six or seven hours each day, and the trail ascends and descends as it winds through countless side valleys and high-altitude mountain passes. For these reasons, you should be in good health and physical fitness before embarking on this trek.
Walking, running, and other forms of cardiovascular exercise are great ways to prepare for the opportunity to cross Mt. Everest from your bucket list. An expert guide from Alpine Ramble Treks will also be assigned to watch over you, monitor your progress and condition, and shepherd you safely all the way from Luka to Everest Base Camp—and back again.
If you want to spend more time in the jaw-dropping mountains of the Khumbu, Alpine Ramble Treks offers a whole host of alternative itineraries you may want to consider. Our 14-day Everest Base Camp Trek is perhaps the best way to experience this hike to its fullest, but our eight-day itinerary is also an excellent compromise. No matter which package you choose, rest assured that Alpine Ramble Treks will go above and beyond to deliver impeccable service at a fair rate.
- Free transfers to and from Tribhuvan International Airport upon arrival and departure.
- Complimentary use of any necessary trekking equipment, such as sleeping bags, down jackets, duffle bags, walkie-talkies, trekking poles, and an oximeter to monitor your oxygen and pulse.
- Fun souvenirs of your Himalayan adventure: a trekking route map, a t-shirt emblazoned with the Alpine Ramble Treks logo, and a hat!
- Prearranged trekking permits, accommodations, transportation, and round-trip flight tickets between Kathmandu and Lukla.
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are provided while staying at trekking lodges or teahouses along the Everest Base Camp Trek.