“The Himalayas are a treasure trove of natural landscapes teeming with unparalleled beauty; villages where you’ll find the friendliest people you’re ever likely to meet and the highest mountains on the planet. Join Alpine Ramble Treks to discover the grandeur of the EBC Hike for yourself. The Khumbu is calling—will you answer?”
12-Day Everest Base Camp Trek Brief Highlights
- Experience a dramatic mountain flight with magical views of the Himalayas
- Spend 12 days acquainting yourself with the traditions and culture of the Sherpa people
- Cross high-altitude suspension bridges draped in colorful Buddhist prayer flags
- Climb to the viewpoint of Kala Patthar, where mountains like Everest, Lhotse, and Nuptse are close enough to touch
- Follow in the footsteps of world-renowned mountaineers to reach the base of the world’s tallest mountain
- Trek with a friendly and experienced local guide to learn more about the beautiful Khumbu region
Everest Base Camp Trek 12 Days Insight Overview
Prepare yourself for the hiking adventure of a lifetime! It all starts with an awe-inspiring scenic mountain flight to the tiny airport in Lukla, and it culminates with your arrival at the foot of the world’s tallest mountain. But in between, you’ll find peaceful Sherpa villages, colorful Buddhist monasteries, twinkling glacial rivers, and quiet wooded valleys steeped in mysterious wreaths of fog.
From the moment your feet hit the trail, you’ll know just how unique the Everest Base Camp Trek is. Alpine Ramble Treks has prepared this 12-day itinerary for travelers who want to see the best that Nepal has to offer, and traveling with us is the best way to ensure that your trek is a resounding success.
Don’t miss your chance to follow in the footsteps of some of the world’s most storied adventurers. Tenzing Norgay, Edmund Hillary, and George Mallory are just a few of the climbers who have become household names around the globe.
Their exploits on the mighty Everest have inspired trekkers from every country to see the mountain for themselves—and you could be the next to answer the call. After all, this is one of the most captivating journeys on the planet: a classic hiking trail that passes through welcoming Sherpa villages to reach high-altitude vantage points in the heart of the Himalayas.
While this is a reasonably challenging trek, no climbing skills are required, and your professional guides from Alpine Ramble Treks will help you to reach Everest Base Camp safely at your own pace.
Our 12-day Everest Base Camp Trek will bring you face-to-face with the highlights of the Khumbu region: the busy trading town of Namche Bazaar, the ancient monastery at Tengboche, the jaw-dropping wilderness of Sagarmatha National Park, and the soaring summits of Everest, Lhotse, and Ama Dablam.
This is a life-changing journey, and we recommend spending as much time as possible on the trail. But that doesn’t mean the EBC is only for travelers with weeks to spare. Alpine Ramble Treks also offers shorter alternative itineraries, such as oureight-day or seven-day trek.
Whichever itinerary you choose, rest assured that Alpine Ramble Treks will happily customize your trip to match your needs—and we’ll always take care of accommodations, trekking permits, meals, and other necessary travel arrangements. When you’re ready to get started, get in touch with us.
Hike to Kalapathar during the 12-day EBC trip itinerary.
Our outstanding Everest base camp 12-day trip itinerary includes a beautiful small mountain, Kalapathar, 5545 meters above sea level. It is one of the most beautiful places to enjoy the views of the mighty Himalayas range of the entire Everest region. The view from the top of Kalapathar Hill is genuinely overwhelming, immersing in the 360-degree panoramic views of the Himalayas, including the whole shape of Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Pumori, Khumbuche, and so on.
EBC -12 Days Difficulty Level
While prior trekking experience is not a prerequisite for our EBC Trek package, this is a moderately complex hiking trail with a maximum elevation of more than 5,500 meters. You’ll be walking for six or seven hours each day, and the trail ascends and descends as it winds through countless side valleys and high-altitude Mountain passes.
For these reasons, you should be healthy and physically fit before starting this trek. Walking, running, and other forms of cardiovascular exercise are great ways to prepare for the opportunity to cross Mt. Everest from your bucket list.
An expert guide from Alpine Ramble Treks will also be assigned to watch over you, monitor your progress and condition, and shepherd you safely from Luka to Everest Base Camp—and back again.
If the 12-day EBC trek isn’t what you’re looking for, Alpine Ramble Treks has plenty of alternatives here in Khumbu. Consider our Everest Gokyo Lake Trek – 10 Days package or our eight-day Everest Base Camp Hiking Itinerary.
For those of us traveling short on time, Alpine Ramble Treks (ART) also organizes the finest short EBC Trek that can be completed in one week from Kathmandu.
And if you’re only here on a brief visit, you can still enjoy the splendor of the world’s tallest mountain by booking our Everest Helicopter Tour or Scenic Everest Flight. With convenient departures from Kathmandu, these day trips are a fantastic way to get up close and personal with Mt. Everest when you’re short on time.
Additional Benefits of this Trek with ART
- Free guided Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour (Swoyembu, Boudhanath, and Pashupatinath temple).
- Free transfers to and from Tribhuvan International Airport upon arrival and departure.
- Complimentary use of any necessary trekking equipment, such as sleeping bags, down jackets, duffle bags, walkie-talkies, and an oximeter to monitor your oxygen and pulse.
- Fun souvenirs of your Himalayan adventure: a trekking route map, a t-shirt emblazoned with the Alpine Ramble Treks logo, and a hat!
- Free luggage storage access in KTM
- Prearranged trekking permits, accommodations, transportation, and round-trip flight tickets between Kathmandu and Lukla.
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are provided while staying at trekking lodges or teahouses along the EBC trek.
- Medical kits, including Diamox, for high altitude sickness prevention.
- Highly Flexible date and itinerary of this trekking program with no associated fee.
- Emergency rescue by helicopter in the worst-case scenario, consulting with your respective travel insurance.
Please note: The trekking times indicated Below are approximate and are best used as general guidelines. During the short Everest Base Camp Trek, you can travel freely at your own pace. We also recommend arriving in Kathmandu at least one day before your scheduled itinerary begins; this will allow you to meet with our trekking team in advance to learn more about your planned activities. Staying in Kathmandu for an extra day or two at the end of the itinerary will also provide you with a more flexible schedule if mountain flights between Kathmandu and Lukla are delayed due to weather.