The Upper Dolpa area was open in 1989 to foreigners only. This area lays hidden valley which is between Tibet and Dhaulagiri range on the mid-western region of Nepal Himalayas. This area is one of the restricted areas of the Nepal trekking route. Dolpo is characterized by a semi-arid topography for deep narrow hidden valleys while upper Dolpo, this trek offers a vast arid of rolling semi-desert highlands to walk Where tourist flow is controlled by the government to minimize the environmental and cultural influences. The journey starts after flying from Kathmandu to Jhuphal and while trekkers follow the trekking trail in the western region of Nepal with excellent mountain views. There is a beautiful lake which is well known as Shey Phoksundo lake by Local people there We will get the opportunity to spend our time at the lake and witness unique culture. , Dolpo trek is an adventurous trek which is requiring experienced trekkers. Please, you welcome and join Alpine Ramble for this remarkable and once in a lifetime adventure.
Upper Dolpo trek
- Trip Duration24 Days
- Difficulty LevelModerate - Strenuous
- Best SeasonMarch - June & Sept - December
- Max Altitude5,360m
- Dramatic flight out to Taplejung from the capital of Kathmandu
- A scenic walk through the native land of some of the world's highest mountains
- Explore the majestic monasteries as it built for long centuries,
- Enjoy the views of the Miraculous and landscape
- Discover the unique lifestyle and culture of the mountain people
- Airport pick up and drop off services - (Airport- Hotel- Airport)
- Trekking equipment such as the Sleeping bag, Down jacket, and walking poles (rental is included if needed)
- Duffle bag if required (Optional)
- Souvenir: Trekking route map/browser and printed ART company HIKING T-shirt
- An Oximeter to measure your Oxygen and Pulse at high altitude to find out the accurate health condition while you are trekking in the mountain.
- WOKI TOKI - for communicating in distance one to another place and that's for a potentially critical situation on the trek
Day 1:Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj: 1 hour, overnight at Hotel.
Day 2:Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhuphal (Dolpo) and trek to Dunai (2,850m/3 hours trek), overnight at lodge.
Day 3:Trek from Dunai to Ankhe (2,896m/6 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 4:Trek from Ankhe to Sulighat 6 hours walk, overnight at lodge.
Day 5:Trek from Sulighat to Phoksundo Lake (3,611m/5 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 6:Acclimatization and rest at Phoksundo Lake, overnight at lodge.
Day 7:Trek to Phoksundo Khola 4/5 hours walk, overnight at lodge.
Day 8:Trek from Phoksunds Khola to Phoksundo Bhanjyang 6/ 7 hours walk, overnight at lodge.
Day 9:Trek from Phoksundo Bhanjyang to Shey Gompa (4,500m) via Kang-La pass (5,360m) 5/6 hrs, overnight at lodge.
Day 10:Acclimatization and rest at Shey Gompa, overnight at tent/ lodge.
Day 11:Trek from Shey Gompa to Namduna Gaun (4,800m) by passing Saldang La (5,200m) – total walking time 7 hours, overnight at lodge.
Day 12:Trek from Namduna Gaun to Saldang (3,620m/4-5 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 13:Trek from Saldang to Yangze Gompa (4,960m/5 hours walk), overnight at lodge.
Day 14:Trek from Yangze Gompa to Sibu (4,560m/7 hours walk).
Day 15:Trek from Sibu to Jeng-la Phedi (4,900m/5-6 hours , overnight at lodge,
Day 16:Trek from Tokyu to Dho Tarap (4,040m) - 5 hours Walk, overnight at lodge.
Day 17:Rest Day at Dho Tarap, overnight at lodge.
- International Airport- Hotel- Airport pick up and drop off by private car/Jeep/ Hiace.
- Meals on the full-board basis (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner/ the main course) during the trek in the mountain.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing with a tour guide.
- A highly experienced helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government
- All salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport, and insurance for the guide.
- All necessary papers /DOCUMENTS for trekking
- Trekking equipment such as the Sleeping bag, and down jacket on request (optional)
- Trekking lodges (Tea House) throughout the trek.
- Assistant guide group size of 6 people and above in the group.
- Kathmandu- Pokhara -Kathmandu by A/C comfortable tourist Bus.
- 2 nights -3star tourist hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast
- Supplementary snacks: energy bar, crackers, and cookies, etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruits desert every evening after dinner.
- Appreciation of certificate after the successful trek.
- All the transportation.
- Farewell Dinner at a typical Nepalese restaurant with traditional music and dance
- Souvenir: Trekking route map/browser and printed ART company T-shirt
- Oximeter to measure your oxygen and Pulse level during the trek in the mountain, it’s very useful for all the trekkers to be aware of the high altitude sickness.
- Alpine Ramble Treks Duffle bag for trekking to the helper
- Compressive first aid box (Guide will carry it throughout the trek).
- Emergency rescue operation assistance in arranging in case of complex health condition (funded by your Travel Insurance)
- All government, Local taxes/ vat and official Expenses
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Extra accommodation and meals behind schedule
- Extra drinks as alcoholic & non-alcoholic
- Surplus luggage charges for domestic airport
- Additional cost by out of management control due to the landscape, weather condition, illness, change of government policies, strikes and physical condition etc.
- Personal expense such as snacks, laundry, telephone, wife, hot shower etc.
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide and porter
Above the information is for a guide and standard pattern of what basically, we provide. the trip can be customized at your request and interests to accommodate your specific requirements. Thank you!
Personal Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is compulsory for all the Clients undertaking any activities. It will be provided adequate protection tour to cover personal injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, helicopter rescue, and any kind of illness will be cover in insurance package.Alpine Ramble strongly recommends you to buy an insurance package through a reliable insurance company in your city or country.
Health and Fitness requirement
Dolpo valley trek is moderate trekking destination for every trekker who loves to enjoy and explore the beautiful landscape on this planet. This trek basically starts from low land to high land as you are hiking in these areas than you have to fit yourself. We mainly concern your physical fitness to complete the journey. The every day trek prefers 4/5 hours in day light. As you hiking up to the high altitude than you have to prepared by physically and mentality to be succeeding the trip, our provision is making your trip reliable and remarkable without any problems in every step to steps with your wealth health. Our first priority is safety for your entire trip. you Should convenience yourself to take some pre-training course of trek which could be great helped you, considering the some physical exercise like jogging, running, climb stair-case, cycling, swimming and hitting gym etc.
Accommodation during the Trek
Accommodation in Kathmandu, you would be staying in best hotel basically on 3 stars, in twin-sharing basis. But Accommodations in trekking is simple and comfortable beds room with sharing two persons sometime if you are single you get single bed room as well with hygienic food, Every trekking routes has fixed menu and hotel system by local management community at in area
Passport and Visa
Every client must have a veiled passport from return date with at 6 month prior validity in Nepalese consulate in your country or immigration office Tribhuban airport in Kathmandu.
Meals and Drinking Water
In popular trekking areas like Annapurna, Everest, Langtang and Manaslu have menu system with different ethnic cuisines foods as well as western meals you can see on the Menu, you could pick up any kinds of meal as you like to eat from the Menu. But some places provide you typical Nepali meals which are different types of international meals. These are prepared by local supplement. Every tourist Lodge has well trained cook basically attention for clean, hygienic, fresh and nice testy foods. We can even enjoy hot chocolates; variety of breads, variety of drinks, and every lodge have safe drinking water or minerals bottles of water you could buy there. If you buy water purification tablet from Kathmandu you can take water from tap and purify by yourself this will be cheaper and controlled to plastic pollution as well.
What you should to carry before your departure on your trip.
a. Daypack up to 40 litre,Down Jacket,Seasons sleeping bag
b. Sun head or Gulf cap,Sun glasses,Headlamp or torch light
c. Ear-muffs ,Sun Lotions /Sun cream .
d. 1Pair liner gloves thin wool or synthetic.
e. 2Cotton t-shirts, 1Synthetic t-shirt.
f. 2Long sleeve polyester or synthetic lightweight for sunny days.
g. Zipper provides addition venting options which are good for changing temperatures.
h. 1Soft shell jacket water & wind resist.
i. 1Women swimming dress bathing in Hot spring.
g. Inner cloths as you need
a. 1Pair nylon hiking short paints, 1Pair cotton paints.
b. 1Pair soft shell pants – synthetic, full zip from top and bottom preferable.
a. 2Pair of loner socks, synthetic, 1Pairs woolen socks wearing on evening and 1Pair light sport shoe.
b. Imodium or Pepto Bismo capsules for upset stomach or diarrheal.
c. Diamox for altitude sickness. Guide will help you to take it.
d. 1Small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as mole skin, bands,Anti-infection ointments, etc. First Aid Kits.
The Dolpo valley trek embrace the entire Dolpo region. Future generations have just as much of a right to appreciate it as we do. This area provides you blooming spectacular view the trails along the lower valleys usually weave through fields. And reaching the upper valley seeing wild animals and excellent Mountain View,
Best season is in spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) these months are the best time for this trip. The weather will be sunny and warm with outstanding scenery view. If you wish to avoid crowds this trip during in winter (Dec., Jan. and Feb.) could also be the best options.
Hotels in Kathmandu
Alpine Ramble will provide you standard level hotel with breakfast. We also book the hotel according to your choice. Please let us know if you have any plans as per your choice. 5 stars hotels are in Kathmandu: Hyatt regency, Yak &Yeti, De’l Annapurna, The Everest Hotel, The Malla hotel, and any kind of hotels.
Trip Start Dates and Cost
Alpine Ramble pvt.ldt, would like to customize your trip itinerary according to your time and budget. Please contact us for your customized departure date. For more detail please email us [email protected]
Responsible in Tourism
Our experience field staffs/team strongly believes that we all are equally responsible to act in favor of the local culture and environment. We would like to follow the important role following bellow.
a. please respect the local people and their laws, custom and their beliefs
b. please always ask your guides for permission before doing something in the local community.
c. please support the keep environment clean, wherever you would travel and dispose of rubbish
d. please help the local community to encourage positive sides of tourism as long as possible.