Epic Everest Three Passes Trek is one of the most exhilarating, and at the same time, it is also a demanding trek in the Everest region of Nepal. It offers majestic views of the Himalayas, crossing the world’s most rewarding and traversing over three difficult passes: Kongma La (5,535m), Cho La (5,420m), and Renjo La (5,360m) during this beautiful Everest three high pass adventure with us.
- Embark on 360-degree panoramic Views of the Himalayas during the short and scenic flight to Lukla.
- Hike to the best viewpoints of Kalapathar, Chukung, and Gokyo Ri to witness the towering mountain views of the entire Everest region.
- Reach the base camp of world’s tallest peak- Everest
- Experience the people, food, and lifestyle of the local Sherpa people
- Immerse the highest glacier on Earth- Khumbu Glacier (4900m)
- Enjoy every step with the stunning views of the mountains
- Passing through the prayer wheels, colorful flags, Mani stones, and huge suspension bridges will astound you.
Everest Three High Passes Trek - 14 Days Overview
Embark on an unforgettable trekking adventure, commencing with a thrilling and scenic flight to Lukla. From here, your journey will take you through several charming local villages, including Ghat, Phakding, Monjo, and Namche, on the first and second days of the trek. On the third day, there is the option to take an extra day for acclimatization if necessary.
Continuing on, you will pass through various valleys, each offering unique alpine mountain scenery. Along the way, you will also visit the villages of Tengbuche, Dingbuche, Chukung, Labuche, Gokyo, and more. Throughout the trek, you will be treated to spectacular views of towering mountains such as Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalau, Choyu, and many more.
Is the Three High Passes trek suitable for me?
Yes, this trek is suitable for most individuals as it gradually gains altitude up to 5545 meters above sea level. However, a good level of physical fitness is required as you will be walking for 5-6 hours each day. You will be accompanied by an experienced guide who will provide guidance on how to maintain stamina and make the trip more comfortable. If you are ready for a challenge, sign up for this incredible trek with us, and we will ensure your safety and comfort throughout the journey.
When is the best time for this trek?
The best time to undertake the Everest High Passes trek in Nepal is during the spring season from March to May. If this timeframe is not suitable, the next best season is autumn, which runs from September to November. The trek is also possible in December and January, although it is colder at this time of year, so adequate packing is essential.
What do we expect on our epic Everest Three High Passes Trekking?
- Upon arrival at the Kathmandu airport, the driver and guide extend a warm welcome with flowers and provide an orientation on the city. As you embark on your journey, you'll be treated to breathtaking views of the entire Everest Himalayan range, including greenery, waterfalls, and lush forests. You'll follow in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary, visiting Sherpa settlements and discovering the mountains at every step of the way.
- Throughout your journey, you'll have the opportunity to explore the culture, food, and lifestyle of the mountain Sherpa people at every stop. You'll breathe in the pure mountain air and connect with nature in the peaceful land of the Himalayas. You'll cross through local villages, including Tengboche (3860m) and Dingboche (4410m), as well as Namche and many more.
- During the trek, you'll embark on three high passes, including Kongma-La Pass (5535m), Cho-La Pass (5420m), and Renjo-La Pass, and visit Kalapathar, Kogyo ri, and Chukung ri. You'll also visit the Everest base camp, the base of the world's tallest peak on earth, and explore the Khumbu Ice Fall, the world's largest and deepest glacier.
- You'll visit the twin Sherpa villages of Khumjung and Khunde, as well as the Everest View Hotel, the luxury hotel in the valley. You'll walk over to Gokyo Lake and visit the most admiring and pristine lakes, including Gokyo Lake and more.
- As you pass by the Syangbuche Airport, the world's highest airport, and land and take off at the Lukla Airport, the world's most dangerous airport, you'll be amazed by the beauty of the landscape. Finally, you'll end your journey by staying at a beautiful hotel with friendly people and visiting Kathmandu's cultural heritage sites.
Additional Benefits of this adventure Everest High Passes trekking tour With Alpine Ramble
- We offer several services to enhance your Himalayan adventure experience.
- These include a guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Valley, which covers Swoyembu, Boudhanath, and Pashupatinath temple.
- Additionally, we provide complimentary transfers to and from Tribhuvan International Airport, free use of trekking equipment like sleeping bags, down jackets, duffle bags, walkie-talkies, and an oximeter to monitor your oxygen and pulse.
- You will also receive fun souvenirs like a trekking route map, a t-shirt with our logo, and a hat.
- We offer free luggage storage access in KTM, prearranged trekking permits, accommodations, transportation, and round-trip flight tickets between Kathmandu and Lukla.
- Lastly, we provide daily meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) while staying at trekking lodges or teahouses along the EBC trek.
How do you prepare for Everest 3 High Passes Trek in Nepal?
Being well-prepared is crucial for any trekking or climbing experience. However, for this particular trek, there is no need for any extra preparation beyond what is required for a normal trek. We recommend that you have the appropriate trekking gear, including a warmer down jacket, a sleeping bag, and hiking shoes. Additionally, it would be beneficial to engage in daily activities such as walking or going to the gym to keep your muscles active. Walking 2-3 hours every day is also recommended to help make your trek more enjoyable and less challenging.
If you have experience trekking in high-altitude areas, such as the Alps Mountains, it will be super helpful. However, even beginners and novices can complete this trek with ease, as our guide will take you on a slow journey that allows you to move at your own pace. This approach helps you acclimatize to the altitude and generate ideas while enjoying the trekking experience.
The cost for our epic Everest Three High Passes Trekking tour 2024. 2025 and 2026
Day 1: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (30 minutes) and trek to Phakding (3 hours)
Day 2:Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (6 hours)
Day 3: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (4 hours)
Day 4: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4 hours)
Day 5: Trek to Chhukung (4740m/15570 ft)
Day 6:Trek to Kongma La (5345m/18430t), then to Lobuche (4950m/16222 ft), 7/8 hrs walk.
Day 7:Trek to Gorak Shep (2 hrs) and Everest Base Camp (2 hrs), then return to Gorak Shep (2hrs)
Day 8:Trek to Kala Patthar (2 hours) and trek from Gorak Shep to Pheriche (5 hours) and trek to Dzongla
Day 9:Trek to ChoLa (5368m), Thangnak (4680m), Gokyo (4800m)
Day 10: Acclimatization in Gokyo and hike to Gokyo Ri (5357m/17,575 ft) 2/3 hrs walk.
Day 11:Trek to Renjo La (5360m/17580 ft.), Marlung (4210m/13,815 ft) 8/9 hrs walk.
Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,280ft), a 5/6 hrs walk.
Day 13:Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (6 hours)
Day 14:Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (30 minutes)
Our standard itinerary for this trek is flexible and can be customized to include extra days for acclimatization during the trek if needed. We will also have ample time to visit local areas, settlements, and ministry. If you want a customized plan, please contact us for more information.